Monday, July 27, 2015

Bronnies Diaries


Selected extract:

Wednesday 15th July
1:00pm Floyd, one of my personal assistants, comes running into my chambers rather frantically, and asks me if I remember taking a helicopter flight from Melbourne to Geelong last year. “Well of course I remember it!” I say. “The seat didn’t recline and they had run out of Dom Perignon. It was something of a nightmare. Certainly not something one forgets quickly”.
Floyd says there may be a problem. Something about an expenses scandal, wall-to-wall coverage all over the press. “The Speaker chartering a helicopter is not a good look ma’am,” he says.
“Was my hair out of place? The gust from those blades can be rather strong,” I say, making a mental note to use stronger hair spray for future chopper flights.
“Not a good look publicly, ma’am. It was only a 75km trip,” he says, looking slightly confused.
“Well yes, that’s the distance between Melbourne and Geelong. I can’t help that. Do people expect me to circle around a few times just to increase the distance?” I say. Actually, that would have allowed me time to finish the personal massage. Not a bad idea for next time.

Read the rest of our beloved Speaker's diary entries: http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/07/19/a-week-of-scandal-the-bronwyn-bishop-diaries/

No comments:

Post a Comment